The LM1036 is a DC controlled tone (bass/treble), volume and balance circuit for stereo applications in car radio, TV and audio systems. An additional control input allows loudness compensation to be simply effected. Four control inputs provide control of the bass, treble, balance and volume functions through application of DC voltages from a remote control system or, alternatively, from four potentiometers which may be biased from a zener regulated supply provided on the circuit.
Circuit diagram :
Each tone response is defined by a single capacitor chosen to give the desired characteristic.
- Wide supply voltage range, 9V to 16V
- Large volume control range, 75 dB typical
- Tone control, ±15 dB typical
- Channel separation, 75 dB typical
- Low distortion, 0.06% typical for an input level of 0.3 Vrms
- High signal to noise, 80 dB typical for an input level of 0.3 Vrms
- Few external components required
Vcc can be anything between 9V to 16V and the output capacitors are 10uF/25V electrolytic